Forget the filing cabinets and invest in the benefits and innovations in legal technology
Technology is changing the culture of the legal system. Before a reliable alternative was available, lawyers were toting around bags filled with hundreds of sheets of paper— but with the customizable software and accessible technology available today, it is time for the legal industry to upgrade their technology.
As masters of IT and software development, we like to understand all things tech, and our clients in the legal industry have allowed us to gain valuable insight about attorney’s technology needs. We know that protecting your documents, communicating via secure channels, and tracking billables in an easy, manageable way are all important aspects of your profession. Let’s talk about how amshot can streamline your legal workflow.
Technology has increased productivity in the workplace, and that applies to law firms, courthouses, and cubicles too. In the recent past, legal technology has replaced the filing cabinets filled to the brim with paper and provided a way to simplify the life of a lawyer. Here are just a few more advantages to utilizing technology in the legal industry.
- Ditch the bulky briefcase. When you utilize digital case management software and data storage services, there is no need to dig through filing cabinets to find that one document you had in your hand the other day…
- In the business of billables. Keeping track of all the time and energy put into a case can be difficult on a spreadsheet. amshot specializes in custom software to save you time and keep your billables error-free.
- No eavesdropping. Speaking with your clients in secure channels is a crucial part of the legal industry. Upgrade your whispered asides to secure communication and document sharing 24/7.
- Discovery made simple. Leading up to a trial, lawyers handle tons of documents and read countless amounts of relevant information. Instead of sifting through stacks of paper, how about a custom-built database where everything is a simple search away?
- Minimize malpractice. Most legal malpractice claims are due to errors that could be solved by simply using technology. Digital docket management, data back-ups, document security, and software that handles all mathematical calculations are all easier than trying to follow a paper trail to prove due diligence.
- Free time. This is a concept that most lawyers are unfamiliar with, but the benefits are obvious. Instead of spending time doing tasks that legal tech could do in seconds, new-found time provides the ability to achieve efficiencies and promote professional development around the office.
SETTING A PRECEDENT
While the law might not change on a daily basis, technology does. At amshot, we are always up-to-date on the latest and greatest in legal technology to make sure our clients only operate with the best tech available. Some things come and go, but here are a few trends we will be watching this year.
- Artificial Intelligence (AI): AI will have the ability to assist with things such as contextual analysis, predicting legal outcomes, proactive analysis of data that will lead to litigation prevention, and contract/legal document analysis. Although AI could significantly help your law firm, it has been reported that around 66% of law firms do not use it. It is normal to have your guard up when it comes to new technological advances, but AI is looking very promising.
- Legal Project Management Software: With the rise of formal legal operations within corporations, legal processes need to be considered business processes. Legal project management software provides one place for all cases and teams. This software will give you the ability to talk to teammates, mark tasks and deadlines, and keep organized—losing the paper and pen method and saving a lot of time.
- Unified Platforms: In the past, the best-of-breed e-discovery approach was the popular system. However, this trend will start to vanish in the future. Unified platforms are more efficient, more productive, less costly, and less risky.
It’s time to hop on the technology train, lawyers. The benefits of a technology upgrade would impact your day-to-day routine as well as your bottom line. If your firm is interested to see what legal technology could do for your office, see what amshot can do to help by scheduling a free consultation.