Entries by amshot

95% of workers say IT problems hurt productivity and morale

Your business is a well-oiled machine. Unfortunately, IT issues can throw a wrench in the gears. A recent study found that 95% of workers face disruptive IT issues that hurt productivity and decrease morale. If you’ve ever worked from home, you probably found yourself asking, “Who are the other 5%? Have they ever even tried […]

How to stay safe on public Wi-Fi

Is public Wi-Fi unsafe?  The short answer is: not necessarily, but you are vulnerable. Many people are unaware of the risks of connecting to a public Wi-Fi network. Imagine walking home alone late at night. The city streets are not necessarily dangerous, but you’re a lot more secure in your house, behind a locked door. […]

Regier Cox & Associates

Background: Regier Cox & Associates is a tax preparation and accounting firm in Oklahoma City with at least 10 years experience. Client needed: A website redesign that was up to date and clean. What we came up with: Visit the website regiercox.com

Coalition of Oklahoma Breastfeeding Advocates

Background: The Coalition of Oklahoma Breastfeeding Advocates was founded in 2000. COBA members’ dedicated advocacy for pro-breastfeeding legislation has resulted in many victories for Oklahoma women and their right to breastfeed in public areas. Client needed: A website redesign that was up to date and clean. What we came up with: Visit the website okbreastfeeding.org

The worst cyberattacks of 2022 (so far)

As technology gets more sophisticated, so do cybercriminals, and the arms race between IT security and hackers continues to escalate. 2021 was a record-setting year for cyberattacks, with data breaches increasing by 68% over 2020. With a third of 2022 in the books, the rate of attacks doesn’t seem to be showing any signs of […]

Aimee Eischen to be featured artist at amshot’s ExhibITion on May 12

You read that headline correctly—Do NOT contact your systems administrator! This month at amshot, we’re pulling the plug on IT education and instead giving you the download on our upcoming art gallery event, exhibITion: In the Unraveling.  exhibITion is amshot’s local art gallery, engineered to give back to worthy causes while promoting Oklahoman artists and […]

Eastside Pizza House

Background:  Eastside Pizza House is owned and operated by Jabee Williams, an internationally know rap and hip hop artist. Jabee’s love for food inspired him to open this Pizza House in the Eastside of Oklahoma City, home to Oklahoma’s largest African American community. Client needed: A website that was integrated with the Toast Restaurant POS […]

Why Cybersecurity Training for Employees Matters

Cyber attacks are a growing and ever-present threat to businesses. While giant corporations are an obvious target and attacks on them make splashy headlines, 43% of all data breaches involve small- and medium-sized business. Cybercrime is thriving in 2022 and every business is a potential target. That’s why cybersecurity should be a vital topic of […]

4 Reasons Why Microsoft Teams Can Instantly Make Your Business Run Better

Borne from the ashes of Skype for Business, Microsoft Teams is an all-in-one communications platform that provides chat, videoconferencing, file storage, and more. It’s built around the central idea that a workforce should have everything it needs “all in one place,” and with 250 million active users, many businesses big and small seem to agree. […]

What you need to know about SMiShing to protect your business

Hackers are using text messages to steal credentials and other personal information.   SMiShing is a new vector for attack that targets the victim’s cell phone through SMS messages. For the unfamiliar, SMS is the system used to send simple text, picture, and video messages. Phishing is a term used to describe fake emails that […]