95% of workers say IT problems hurt productivity and morale

Your business is a well-oiled machine. Unfortunately, IT issues can throw a wrench in the gears.

frustration IT

A recent study found that 95% of workers face disruptive IT issues that hurt productivity and decrease morale. If you’ve ever worked from home, you probably found yourself asking, “Who are the other 5%? Have they ever even tried working remotely?” More than half of survey respondents said they have to contend with software-related IT disruptions daily or multiple times per week.

On top of that, 75% of workers now expect their technology troubles to be fixed preemptively, before they are even aware a problem has occurred. And perhaps most tellingly, 81% of respondents said businesses that don’t make their employees’ “digital experience” a top-level priority will soon fall behind competitors.

The takeaway here is that employees everywhere are having trouble with IT, they expect it to be handled better in today’s work-from-home revolution, and companies that do take care of it well will leave their competition behind.

The hybrid work-from-home model is here to stay

The COVID-19 pandemic forced everyone’s hand in establishing a remote or hybrid solution just to stay afloat. And now, 77% of those surveyed said they expect remote and hybrid models going forward.

Throw in the fact that younger generations are only becoming more digitally connected in their daily lives and it’s clear that there’s no going back. Workplace norms have shifted and will only continue to evolve in the future. With the “Great Resignation” and ongoing staffing shortages in many industries, businesses that invest in a flexible remote option that meets the expectations of modern workers will stand to benefit.

IT staff is overworked

The statistics mentioned so far demonstrate that the vast majority of us are struggling with technology. To make matters worse, IT professionals are struggling to keep up. 98% of IT teams said that improving the situation has been held back due to being overburdened and having to deal with outdated technology, all while trying to keep up with the rapid changes in the workplace.

In this transitional period of shifting norms and expectations, getting the technology right is more important than ever for your business. Simply put, now’s not the time to under-invest in IT.

Next steps

The employer-employee relationship is entering a new normal. Workers rely on technology more than ever, and they need support for an increasing amount of remote work. Since employees are relying on technology to such a degree, any disruptions to the business’ technology directly impact productivity and the bottom line.

Now is the time to invest in rock solid IT services. Contact amshot today to set up a consultation and learn how you can ensure your technology isn’t hampering your employees.