Before iOS6, email signatures on your iPhone/iPad have been limited to just plain text, and one signature for all accounts.
In iOS6 you can add logos, links, and styled text to you email signature. You can also specify different signatures per account.
If you already have an HTML signature that you’d like to use, here is what you need to do:
- Start by sending yourself an email with the HTML signature in it.
- Next, go to your iPhone (or iPad) and open that message.
- Tap and hold the signature text.
- Select all the text and images of your signature.
- Copy the selected block of content.
- Go to Settings > Mail, Contacts, Calendars, Signature
- In the text field, tap, hold, and paste your signature.
[box type=”info”] Note: This will copy only plain or styled(bold, italic, or underlined) text, plus images and links. It won’t copy text colors and font sizes.[/box]
If you have multiple accounts on your iPhone be sure to select the “Per Account” field at the top of “Signature”.
[jcolumns]Plain text signatures on 3 email accounts:
[jcol/]For business, something a little more jazzy: [/jcolumns]